Buying a second home is a reward, the result of a lifetime of achievements. It is also a serious investment in the dwelling, the area and your future. There are many things you may want to take into consideration when buying in the desert:
- Knowledge is power. Speak to a lender before purchasing and get a head start on finding the most attractive loan to suit your needs.
- Look into the community or country club where you are thinking of purchasing. What has the recent appreciation been? What activities do they offer? Be aware of the CC & R's and above all, what you have in common with the people living there.
- Many of our buyers take advantage of our excellent part time rental programs as part of their 1031 tax exchanges.
If you are thinking of selling your home, effective marketing will help insure that your property receives the maximum exposure it needs to attract a ready, willing and able buyer.
- Pricing is the single most important factor in selling a home quickly and for top dollar. Look at recent sales comps in the area and price accordingly. Be realistic.
- Advertising in local newspapers and magazines, internet exposure & brochure distribution
- Appearance: order and cleanliness are essential
- Your home is a valuable part of your estate. Make sure you hire an agent
with sophisticated listing experience. It makes a difference.